The Charro Foundation offers funding to qualifying nonprofit organizations through an annual grant cycle. The variety of organizations we support is as impressive as their impact in our community. The Charro Foundation emphasizes giving grants to Scottsdale-based nonprofits who do work in the areas of youth, youth sports, education, Scottsdale’s western heritage or cultural and community enrichment.
What we fund through our annual grant cycle:
- 501 c (3) corporations or schools which align with our specific areas of focus
- Nonprofit organizations in Greater Scottsdale Area which impact Greater Scottsdale Area
- Nonprofit organizations outside of the Greater Scottsdale Area whose targeted and measurable programs benefit the Greater Scottsdale Area or Scottsdale residents
- School programs benefiting Scottsdale students or residents
- Organizations or programs supporting diversity
- Organizations or programs supporting programming for youth, sports, education, arts, health and western heritage without consideration of race, color, religion, gender, and national origin.
What we do not fund through our annual grant cycle:
- Event Sponsorships
- Individuals or individuals acting on behalf of a charitable cause
- Organizations other than 501(c)(3) organizations or public schools
- Auction items
- Endowment funds and/or foundations that bestow grants (pass-through funds)
- Multi-year projects
- Projects or programs where support is greater than 25% of total organization budget
All funds granted by The Charro Foundation are to be used exclusively for the program listed in the funding application. Grants are generally between $2,500 up to $25,000. All applications must have a Charro sponsor.
The 2018-2019 Grant application cycle is now closed. For more information regarding our Grant application process, please contact the Charros office or Denise Pulk, firstname.lastname@example.org.