The Scottsdale Charros, through The Charro Foundation, offers funding to qualifying nonprofit organizations through an annual grant cycle. The variety of organizations we support is as impressive as their impact in our community. The Charro Foundation emphasizes giving grants to Scottsdale-based nonprofits who do work in the areas of youth, youth sports, education, Scottsdale’s western heritage or cultural and community enrichment.
What we fund through our annual grant cycle:
- 501 c (3) corporations or schools which align with our specific areas of focus
- Nonprofit organizations in the Greater Scottsdale Area which impact Greater Scottsdale Area
- Nonprofit organizations outside of the Greater Scottsdale Area whose targeted and measurable programs benefit the Greater Scottsdale Area or Scottsdale residents
- School programs benefiting Scottsdale students or residents
- Organizations or programs supporting diversity
- Organizations or programs supporting programming for youth, sports, education, arts, health and western heritage without consideration of race, color, religion, gender, and national origin.
What we do not fund through our annual grant cycle:
- Event Sponsorships
- Individuals or individuals acting on behalf of a charitable cause
- Organizations other than 501(c)(3) organizations or public schools
- Auction items
- Endowment funds and/or foundations that bestow grants (pass-through funds)
- Multi-year projects
- Projects or programs where support is greater than 25% of total organization budget
All funds granted by The Charro Foundation are to be used exclusively for the program listed in the funding application. Grants are generally between $2,500 and $25,000. All applications must have a Charros sponsor.
New Timing for Annual Grant Cycle
The Charro Foundation is aligning our Annual Grant Cycle with other programs to enable the organization to have the greatest impact in the Scottsdale community. In the past, we accepted grant applications throughout June and July of each year. Please see the new timing below and contact Sarah Frey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Charros are revising our grant schedule which will be announced soon. There will not be a grant application cycle in the summer of 2023.
- January 10, 2024 – 2024 Grant Applications posted on Charros.com
- February 29, 2024 – 2024 Grant Applications due
- April-June 2024 – Grants awarded and funds distributed.
In addition to completing the online form, all applicants must provide the following:
- IRS 501(c)(3) Designation Letter
- List of current Board of Directors/Management and their affiliations
- Most recent CPA-reviewed financial statements
- Project Budget