The programs of The Charro Foundation are supported by corporate and individual sponsorships, donations, and by the community service of the Scottsdale Charros. The fundraising activities of the Charros, primarily through hosting San Francisco Giants Spring Training baseball, have allowed The Foundation to make annual grants and donations to many organizations in the community for four decades.
What The Charro Foundation funds through the annual grant cycle:
- 501(c)(3) corporations or schools which align with our specific areas of focus
- Nonprofit organizations in the Greater Scottsdale Area whose programs impact the Greater Scottsdale Area
- Nonprofit organizations outside of the Greater Scottsdale Area whose targeted and measurable programs benefit the Greater Scottsdale Area or Scottsdale residents
- School programs benefiting Scottsdale students, teachers or residents
- Organizations or programs supporting diversity
- Organizations or programs supporting programming for youth, sports, education, arts, health and western heritage without consideration of race, color, religion, gender, and national origin.
What The Charro Foundation does NOT fund through the annual grant cycle:
- Individuals or individuals acting on behalf of a charitable cause
- Organizations other than 501(c)(3) organizations or public schools
- Auction items
- Endowment funds and/or foundations that bestow grants (pass-through funds)
- Multi-year projects
- Projects or programs where support is greater than 25% of total organization budget
- Event and other sponsorship types*
All funds granted by The Charro Foundation are to be used exclusively for the program listed in the grant application. Grants are generally between $2,500 and $25,000. To be considered for funding in 2017, complete the grant application thoroughly and in its entirety; incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
GRANT APPLICATIONS ARE DUE FRIDAY, JULY 14, 2017. FUNDS WILL BE AWARDED IN FALL 2017.
* Sponsorship requests may be submitted to the Scottsdale Charros on a year-round basis through a donation request letter which outlines the event or program, with details and costs. Letters should be received at least three months in advance for consideration.